The Great Rift Valley Lodge award winners of Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.. From its panoramic perch above Lake Naivasha, the Great Rift Valley Lodge enjoys one of humankind’s oldest views – over the sweeping floor of the world’s largest valley.
The lodge also features stunning views of the sparkling waters of Lake Naivasha, the jagged volcanic crater of Mount Longonot and the lands beyond the sloping shoulders of the Aberdare Mountains
Facts about Lake Naivasha
This is a freshwater lake in Kenya, lying North West of Nairobi, outside the town of Naivasha. It is part of the Great Rift Valley. The lake is home to a variety of wildlife; over 400 different species of bird have been reported.
There is a sizeable population of hippos in the lake. There are two smaller lakes in the vicinity of Lake Naivasha : Lake Oloiden and Lake Sonachi (a green crater lake). The Crater Lake Game Sanctuary lies nearby, while the lake shore is known for its population of European immigrants and settlers.
The lake and its surrounds are rich in natural bounty, and the fertile soils and water supply have made this one of Kenya’s prime agricultural regions.
Facts about Great Rift Valley Lodge
An hour and a half’s drive or a 30-minute flight from Nairobi (24 kilometres from Naivasha town and 12 off the Nairobi-Nakuru highway), the Lodge is built on the Eburru, a mountain that the Maasai call Ol Donyo Opurru, meaning mountain of smoke.
The lodge sits at about 7,000 feet, from which elevation it enjoys magnificent views to the west and east. The vistas stretch from the sparkling waters of Lake Naivasha to the jagged volcanic crater of Mount Longonot and, beyond, the sloping shoulders of the Aberdare Mountains – Kenya’s most important watershed.
Why Great Rift Valley Lodge?
• Short distance from Nairobi with easy connections to many parks and places of attratcion
• Own airstrip allowing for connection with either Samburu, Masai Mara or Nairobi
• Free Wi-Fi in all the lodge and Longonot Villa rooms
• All rooms en suite
• Abundant bird life for birders
• 18-hole championship golf course
• Choice of accommodation facilities
• Many activities for different age groups
• The best kids clubs in the region for cultural and wildlife edutainment
Facilities at the Lodge
• 18-hole golf course
• Conference Rooms – Fully equipped
• All rooms en suite
• Cable/Satelite TV
• Cycling/jogging paths
• Swimming Pool
• Tennis courts
• Safety deposit boxes
• 24 hour Front Office operation
• Laundry Services
• Business Centre
• Daily housekeeping services